Monday, June 22, 2009

Straight & Butch


I LOVE the location of my job. Right in Center City where The Gayborhood meets Antiques Row. An interesting mix of people, businesses, architecture. My customers range from Art Students to Drag Queens to Federal Court Justices and I wouldn't have it any other way.

On a day that in every other way was ordinary, into the shop walked Butch. A certified Philebrity. Talk Show Host and Provocateur. He had a project to discuss. Framing large format photographs of his successful calendar. He explained the concept to me, the photos are of himself (Butch) and various straight guys (Straight), nude and posed in homages to iconic pop-cutlure photos. It is a study in sexual tension and discomfort. I am all about it.
The quality of my photos of this project kind of suck. Just as well. Buy the calendar.

We chose gallery style framing , white mat with 3TS, 4B exposure (see previous post), matte black frame, and conservation glazing.

The Kiss (prior to framing)

John & Yoko

Abbey Road

No comments:

Post a Comment