Saturday, December 26, 2009

Art & the Modern Preschooler

a word on policy by an alumnus of this particular preschool
this hangs in the school's lobby

Ok, this post may be a tad self-involved, but I have a post scheduled in the very near future which highlights an event at, shall we say, a preschool at which my child does not attend. This is something of a pre-emptive strike at equal time.

There are many fine preschools in the City of Philadelphia and beyond. Many of them are arts-based. I love the one my child attends.


Some parents hang kids art on the fridge. Others do this sort of thing.




The above art, by a wonderful young artist and fellow student at my child's preschool, was floated and then has a raised top mat which was fitted into Ikea RMs (ready-mades). Economical and chic!


And this art, by my own dear 3-year-old, was floated and put into an RM metal shadowbox.


And this may be a little overthetop for normal people. But it is an original portrait, and a surprising likeness. And also a holiday gift for a framer's husband. : )


Check out the Bolshoi RM. (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment