Thursday, January 28, 2010

GUITAAARMAGEDDON !!!

a guestblog by shop owner, Mark Muhlig




Every now and then, I get to do something I've never done before. A gentleman walked in with an autographed guitar, signed by Bruce Springsteen and the whole E Sreet Band. He had recieved it as a Birthday gift from his friends (nice friends!)

The client had a very special vision of what he wanted. Hard Rock Cafe (I'm sure you've been to at least one) frames and boxes their guitars in a very oppulent, rococo manner. This is what he was requesting, only not sealed. He wants to be able to play it. This challenge was particularly entertaining for me. It marries two of my favorite things...guitars and picture frames.

We decided on a hot pink, towards the red, suede matting for a very Regal look. After looking at many frame samples, the one that had that 'Hard Rock' look was part of a value line from Larson-Juhl. Oppulance and affordability!


This frame had to have strength. We started with a half inch plywood board. Placed the suede mat on top of that and then screwed and secured a wall hanger specific to guitars.

If you look close, we built a little suede bumper so the hollow body Gibson look-a-like would't smack against the hard wood when replaced. Popped the frame on and voila'.



Pretty stunning, no? I'm going to build a couple for my guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment