Saturday, March 7, 2009

FIN. for now.

The last in my series on Frames and Film (probably)

When last I blogged, I gave you my list of great framing moments in film history...but it left so many of you asking, "but, Elaine, what about the small screen?" And to those of you, I say there is no greater program for fabulous framing than Frasier. No joke. Check it in reruns and you'll see what I mean. Although I'm told there was some fine stuff in Hack, too ;) And incidentally, I have now had two lawyers on separate occasions ask me to frame their degrees and documents like those they'd seen on Law & Order. I'd never seen the show, but the look as explained to me is 8 ply pure white mats and wide matte black wood frames--a gallery style look typical of contemporary fine art, but not usually parchment colored documents with ornate calligraphy. The result is really clean and simple and probably looks elegant in a high rise office.

And speaking of lawyers, these are the most recently completed items for the big movie job. The Set Decorator said they are to appear in a scene in a lawyer's apartment--great jazz posters in pewter-toned Ferrosa wood frames from Larson-Juhl.

And also there's the charming print of a nun in its perfect frame from Omega, a 2" Tuscan Distressed Gold Panel.
I will keep an eye out for my little starlets when the film hits theaters next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment