Saturday, March 21, 2009

Obamarama!

This is decidedly not a political blog. You won't see me debate any religious, moral, or ethical issues here either, unless they pertain to framing. (And also, fyi, you won't see any client names, info, or pricing.) But I do need to comment that I've seen a ton of Obama art come through the shop and the guy hasn't even been in office 100 days yet!

Most of what has come through are variations on the iconic Shepard Fairey poster. My first client arrived in the shop with one last August, even before Obama was the official Democratic Nominee. I thought nothing of it at the time, I didn't even photograph it, I just thought it was a cool image by a great street artist. Evidently that original first-pressing is worth some serious coin, now.

Here are some more recent incarnations:













And I have also been privileged to frame an original portrait.













I began my framing career during Clinton's second term, and I can tell you that I have seen more Presidential images in the past 6 months than I have seen collectively in the ten years prior.

I went through my photo archives and all I could come up with for any previous President was this collage I did for an attendee of a White House Hanukkah Dinner Party. She took a guest towel from the rest room (lower right).

No comments:

Post a Comment