Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Child's Play

Since I left the 'burbs to be a Big City framer, I have consequently seen very little kid's art, cruise art, and family photo collages. I really miss the kid's art. However, on the rare occasion that kid's art comes through, I am totally prepared for it.



Kid's art calls out for vivid colors. Here is the shop's full complement in vinyl & suede mats from Bainbridge (the colors of these are more saturated than paper mats could ever be) and shimmery vivid metallics metal mouldings from Nielsen.



This is a preschool needlework project where I even sold the client's mommy a weighted bottom mat to achieve the proper look for a serious pre-k artiste.



And here we see a thank-you note to a grandma for a wonderful vacation.
I will never dismiss kid's art as not being real art. One of my favorite museums doesn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment