Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things



Although I've been framing for over a decade, my work never fails to keep me interested. Sure it's great to get the big movie or corporate document jobs, but the most fascinating jobs are brought in by regular folks who want to preserve their most treasured posessions.



Above is a portrait brought in by a smart local businesswoman who really likes pugs. The framing here is just as amusing as the portrait, if I do say so myself.




Above here is a tiny acrylic original purchased on a client's recent trip to Prague. I love a chunky frame on tiny art, and thrilled this daring customer allowed me to design that way.




And this, a hand rendering brought back from the front lines of WWII, folded and tucked into the pocket of a brave leader. One from his troop pencilled and painted the portrait of him, and presented it to him. Now, over 60 years later his children have brought it to me to preserve for generations to come.





And finally, this is a sonogram. Not an ultrasound, but a revolutionary visual representation of sound waves done in the 1940s. My client, a historian, explained that she had studied under a woman who created and developed this method of charting sound waves. The woman died and left all of the sonograms to my client. As this is a lost method and impossible to recreate, my client gifted all the sonograms to the Smithsonian. Except one.



No comments:

Post a Comment