Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bring It


Once again: from the top. A Set Decorator for a big movie needs bunch of frames in an impossibly short period of time.

This script writes itself. As it turns out, it's an industry cliche. We didn't even bother with extraneous dialogue.

Movie lady: "Can you do it?"
Me: "Yep."

Short & sweet. Cut & dry. Standard sizes, non-glare glass. 24 hours.

I endure my usual protagonist's struggles: problems with supplies, late delivery of materials to the shop, and sudden change of pick-up time to an hour earlier.


This shot was snapped as I was running by with 2 frames under one arm and my camera in my free hand as I helped the Set Decorator load her van. For real.

But I did pull it off once more (and on time)!
Framer raises arms in triumph. Music swells.

No comments:

Post a Comment