Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ice Box



These hockey pucks were brought in by a client who CAUGHT them as a spectator over her many years of fandom.  I have framed tons of sports memoribilia in my career--baseball bats, footballs, uniforms, etc, but somehow I hadn't encountered pucks before.  They are surprisingly heavy.  I was sure to use gatorboard backing to support the weight and managed to use an adhesive-free mounting technique.


The mat is a shimmery rice paper board from Bainbridge.  Suggests ice in a subtle way, methinks.  Overall, I like the bold graphic look of this box.  A perfect square with 4 circles inside, with like colors arranged on diagonals. The scale of this moulding is just right for the objects.  I can barely take credit, this thing practically designed itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment