Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Action!

Part Two in my week long series on Frames and Film

So today is Tuesday and the day the balance of the frames were to arrive for the big movie order, but there was yet another comedy of errors (again, I am blameless for real) and they nearly did not. At some point during this very frantic morning I even contemplated buying ready-made frames at a craft store just to deliver the job on time. (And did I mention it's my birthday today?) Sidenote: when the order was placed I suggested to the Set Decorator that we put everything in standard sizes, so the rectangles would look proportionate on film and also so that maybe they could be recycled after the shoot. These very practical objectives gave me more options today when things started to go awry. The job would be delivered somehow, because it sure would be nice to work in film in this town again.

Through some sort of magic (read: very "assertive" phone calls from the Boss), the frames arrived at noon. Since I had everything prepped including glass, it was really just a simple matter of fitting and I had all pieces complete by 1:10 pm--just 10 minutes over schedule and I was not seen to break a sweat.

Here are the remaining frames completed today. And for getting this order in on time...



I'd like to thank all the little people who got me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment